четверг, 1 марта 2012 г.

NSW: Warning not to feed chocolate to pets


AAP General News (Australia)
04-08-2001
NSW: Warning not to feed chocolate to pets

EMBARGOED UNTIL 0100 AEST APRIL 9



SYDNEY, April 9 AAP - With chocolate easter eggs in abundance, pet owners have been
warned that a dose of chocolate could prove fatal for cats and dogs.

The Australian Veterinary Association president Dr Ian Denney said today that even
a medium sized chocolate bar could cause pets to become very ill or die.

"The problem is that the systems of cats and dogs cannot tolerate one of the key ingredients
of chocolate, theobromine," he said.

"In high dosage situations pets can begin to vomit, suffer diarrhoea and excessive
urination and become hyperactive. This can be followed by depression, coma, seizures and
death.

"The safest thing to do is ensure that your pet cannot get access to any chocolate,
then nothing can go wrong."

AAP aa/md/de

KEYWORD: PETS (EMBARGOED)

2001 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP) or its Licensors.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий